Track Status

Green Flag Racing

Winners August 6, 2013

Track Talk » Handling » Unilli tires

Started by Torg37 Jan 16 2012, 21:04
Torg37
starstarstar
Jan 16 2012, 21:04
anyone ever try these tires at all? if so how would you rate these? or better yet what can you compare these to? Now that these tires are being offered at $99.00 a set I am really thinking of trying these but would like to get some input from racers that have tried these. And if you would like a set of these please get with me and maybe we could do a bulk order and go for the discount.

thanks
Jerry

Cas4621
starstarstar
Jan 17 2012, 14:34
Hey Jerry we plan on makin a order in february for 5 or 6 sets if u wana wait til then. I talked to the owner he said there like maxxis pinks and to prep them like a maxxis. He told me they are faster than maxxis but we will try them an see. For 100.00 its worth a try

Torg37
starstarstar
Jan 17 2012, 20:30
ok count me in for the bulk buy!!

TMS50
star
Jan 26 2012, 13:34
I have used these tires in the past. Now they may have changed the process of how they are manufactured?? The one problem that I personally had with them was they were very inconsistent on the sizing of the tires you would have several tires just to make a good set without having to size them VERY much!! Other that that I used them indoors 2 yrs ago and they worked well, accepted most prep well and had pretty good life to them. When they were cut low rubber we started to see some variances in how they performed?? I would not be opposed to try a set again. If you need to get so many set let me know I may take a couple just in spite of trying them again.

Thanks
AJ Thompson